DIY Marble Jewelry Dish
This cute jewelry dish makes for a great gift, or is a fun craft to do with a friend. Spread the love by making these pretty dishes for others this fall!
What You Need
- White, black, and colored oven-bake clay
- Plastic clay knife
- Oven-safe bowl
- Gold paint and paintbrush
- Rolling pin
- Glaze (optional)
- Cut small pieces of each color of clay you’ll be using. Make sure you include two pieces of white clay with your colors.
- Roll each piece with your hands to look like a snake. Roll until the pieces are about 5 in. (25 mm) long.
- Twist your clay snakes together and roll to thin the strand. Fold over in half and twist again.
Tip: Make sure you don’t over mix your clay, or it will turn into one dark blob of color. These dishes look best when the colors don’t quite mix!
- Roll your clay into a ball, and then use the rolling pin to flatten it until it’s about ½ in. (13 mm) thick.
- Grab a large jar or cup and put it on top of your clay. Push the jar into the clay to cut it into a perfect circle.
- Carefully put your clay circle in the bottom of the oven-safe bowl you’re using. Let it bend slightly with the bowl to make a shallow dish.
- Bake according to the directions for the clay. Make sure a grown-up helps you with the oven!
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Once your dish is cool, carefully paint around the edge with gold paint.
- Let dry and you’re all set!
Tip: Use this as a jewelry dish for your bracelets and rings, bake it flat to make a coaster, or fill with hair ties and bobby pins to help organize your bathroom. This dish adds a pretty accent of color to any room!