Homemade Heat Buddy
Feeling sore or achy? Make your own heat buddy following these simple instructions!
What You Need
- 100% cotton fabric cut into 5 in (130 mm) x 7 in (180 mm) pieces
- Needle or sewing machine
- About 2 cups (235 ml) uncooked rice or beans
- A few drops of peppermint or lavender essential oil (optional)
- Put two pieces of fabric together with the sides you want on the outside facing each other.
- Sew around three edges of your two fabric squares.
- Flip the little bag you made inside out, and fill with rice or beans. Add a few drops of essential oils and shake to mix.
- Sew the bag shut and you’re done! To use your heat buddy, microwave for about 1-1 ½ minutes and place wherever you have pain.